500g minced beef
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 large brown onion, finely diced or grated
2 tomatoes, peeled, seeds removed and diced
2 eggs, whisked
½ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
½ cup coriander, finely chopped
2-3 tbs oil of choice for frying
sea salt / pepper
1 jar Yai’s Thai Yellow Coconut Curry (buy)
fresh chilli slices, to garnish
mint leaves, to garnish
coriander leaves, to garnish
- Add to a deep bowl the beef, garlic, onion, tomatoes, eggs, parsley, coriander, sea salt and pepper. Using your hands mix the meat mixture well and make 16-18 tablespoon sized meatballs.
- In a frying pan add the oil and over a medium heat lightly fry the meatballs for 3 minutes each side.
- Transfer partially cooked meatballs to a wide base pot and pour curry sauce and ½ cup water over them. Bring to boil and then reduce heat to simmer for 10-12 minutes. Occasionally check and stir meatballs.
- Serve as an appetiser on it own or in a bowl with lettuce, herbs and chilli.
- Optional to serve with some steamed rice or quinoa as a hearty meal.