When it comes to a curry, I must admit I love mine hot and Yai’s Thai Red Coconut curry does not disappoint. Not only is this jar full of flavour, the ingredients are clean and healthy (and BTW Whole30 approved!) This curry sauce was created and inspired from authentic recipes from co-founder Leland’s grandmother (aka ‘YAI’) mixed with a modern twist. The bold spices of this ready-to-eat curry is so easy to cook with that you just need to add it to your favourite vegetables and meat and serve it next to some rice or noodles. So here I’ve created one of the ways that I serve it at home. My SEVEN VEGETABLE CURRY recipe is healthy, delicious, exciting and super fast to put together. Boil some rice or noodles whilst the curry is simmering and you’ll have dinner ready on the table in about 25 minutes. Enjoy x
Prep: 6 minutes
Cooking: 16 minutes
1 jar Yai’s Thai Red Thai Coconut Curry*(buy)
1 head broccoli cut into florets
2 large potatoes, diced into small cubes
20 green beans, sliced in half
1 large carrot, sliced on an angle
1 red capsicum, cut into strips
½ cup peas
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
2 tbs sesame oil, avocado oil or rice bran oil
sea salt / pepper
Coriander leaves, small bunch
Coconut cream, small can
- In a wide base pot heat the oil and then add the potatoes, carrot and green beans. Reduce heat to low and sauté for 3 minutes. Season with sea salt and pepper.
- Add Yai’s Thai Red Coconut Sauce. Using the same jar, fill it a quarter way up with water, close the lid and shake it to collect remaining sauce and pour this also into the pot. Bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Now add to pot the broccoli, capsicum and green peas. Cover and continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Add slices of red onion all over and allow settling for 3 minutes with the lid kept on.
- Divide between bowls and garnish with a drizzle of coconut cream and coriander leaves. Serve with crusty bread, boiled rice, quinoa or even cauliflower rice. Enjoy x
*You are able to purchase this item online at shop.purenaturals.com.au