Liquid error: Could not find asset snippets/bold-common.liquid
Do you love caramel? Yes I do!
Do you love popcorn? Most certainly!
And what about chocolate? Well that isn’t even a question!
Then you will LOVE this Caramel Popcorn and Chocolate Slice. It is one of those
slices that you take a piece and say to yourself ‘just one more’ which can be a
bad thing I know but a little indulgence never hurt anyone. Enjoy
600g milk or dark chocolate
170g Fisher's Caramel popcorn
(I used Fisher’s popcorn from
- Line a 30cm x 15cm cake tin.
- In a saucepan, bring to boil about 4cm of water. Set a heatproof bowl in the mouth of the pot making sure the water does not touch it and add the chocolate. Over a low heat stir the chocolate continuously until it melts. Remove bowl from heat.
- Once melted, add the popcorn to the chocolate and mix so the popcorn is coated. (leave a handful of popcorn out so you can garnish over the top of the slice).
- Pour it all into the prepared tin then scatter the remaining popcorn evenly over the top. Place in fridge for at least 3 hours to set.
- Remove from fridge and cut into squares.
Hot Honey Chipotle Ribs with Honey Lime Brussels Sprouts
1 kg pork ribs
8 tbs Red Duck Hot Honey Chipotle BBQ Sauce*
(+extra for dipping)
400-500g brussels sprouts
2 tbs olive oil
2 tbs fresh lime juice
1 tbs raw honey
sea salt / pepper
- Marinate the pork ribs with the sauce and leave in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut the Brussels sprouts in half and place them on a hot bbq. Cook on each side for 3 minutes or until golden. Place in a shallow bowl. In a separate bowl whisked the honey with the olive oil and limejuice and then pour all over the Brussels sprouts. Season and leave aside.
- Place the ribs onto the bbq grill and cook on each side for approximately 7-8 minute each side.
- Serve ribs hot with the brussels sprouts and optional boiled rice. Enjoy
*You can purchase this sauce through shop.purenaturals.com.au.
Smoked BBQ Chicken with Coleslaw
12 - 16 pieces of tenderloin chicken
4 tbs Red Duck Smoked Applewood Molasses BBQ Sauce
(plus extra for serving)
¼ savoy cabbage, finely sliced
2 carrots, grated
1 red onion, finely sliced
1 red capsicum, finely sliced
30 + fresh mint leaves
2 tbs baby capers
4 tbs extra virgin olive oil
1 tbs apple cider vinegar
1 tbs fresh lemon juice
Optional: for a sweeter salad, add 1 tbs of honey to the dressing.
- In a bowl coat the chicken with the BBQ Sauce and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime prepare the salad by combining all the ingredient.
- Turn on the BBQ and over a high heat cook the chicken for 4 minutes each side.
- Serve salad topped with chicken and extra sauce on the side. Enjoy
This Cauliflower Herb Bread is gluten free, low carb, cheesy, quick to make and
600g cauliflower florets
100g kale leaves
4 green onion, thinly sliced
2 ½ cups grated cheese
4 large eggs, whisked
1 garlic clove, minced
fresh thyme leaves
sea salt and pepper
Serving Suggestion: Spicy Ketchup (Red Duck have a fantastic gluten free and
organic one available through shop.purenaturals.com.au)
- Place cauliflower into food processor and pulse until resembles rice. Place into microwave proof bowl, cover and steam for 7 minutes.
- Place kale into food processor and pulse until chopped finely.
- Preheat oven to 180C fan forced. Line tray (approx. 30 x 30cm) with baking paper.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and then pour into tray. Spread out evenly and flatten. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Allow to slightly cool before serving. Cut into rectangles, sprinkle with extra thyme leaves and serve with sauce.
Let’s be honest. We try to eat steamed and grilled food to stay as healthy as
possible but why not jazz up a healthy meal? I’ve chosen
@purenaturalsandorganics Mozaics Organic Popped Chips to crumb and turn the
simple baked fish into a fun dinner for my family. It is a great alternative to bread
crumbs as it adds much more crunch and flavour to the fish. I’ve done this before
with other chips as well but I wanted to share with you my favourite choice. BTW
kids absolutely love this!!!
600g – 700g white fish fillets cut into strips
1 pkt Mozaics Organic Chips
2 eggs, whisked
Medley of Rainbow Tomatoes
Drizzle of Honey
Sea salt / Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190C fan forced and arrange a shallow tray with baking paper.
- Place the chips into a ziplock bag and roll over with a rolling pin and break them up into crumbs.
- Place the crumbs onto one plate and in a separate large bowl add the whisked eggs.
- Take the fish fillets and place them all into the bowl of eggs. Mix and make sure they are coated well. Then one by one place them into the crumb mixture and press the crumbs firmly onto the fish.
- Place each one onto the tray. Repeat for each fish fillet.
- Once completed, place into oven and bake for 10 minutes. Turn over and further bake for another 10 minutes.
- Serve warm with suggested salad.